Gather your information
You'll need your:
- IRD number
- current address
- contact details.
For the future hearing, decide whether you want to:
- bring a support person
- have a representative in your place.
Download and fill in the form
Make sure to save your details.
Send the form to us in myIR
Send your completed form to us in myIR.
Make sure you let us know the message is for child support. Attach your completed IR471 form and any supporting documents to the message.
You do not need to sign the form when sending it to us in myIR.
What happens next
Everyone in the review will have access to the information you give in your response. If you choose to take part in the hearing, we'll:
- give you the information provided by the applicant
- organise a hearing with you that matches your choices in your response.
If you want to take part in the review hearing, we must get your response within 14 days of the date either:
- the copy of the application was forwarded to you
- notification of the application was sent.
A hearing takes around 30 minutes and is:
- informal compared to court hearings
- held separately with each person in the review
- for clarifying information.
A decision is not made at the hearings, but afterwards. You can choose whether you take part in the review or not. Taking part allows the review officer to consider your side of the story, as well as the applicant's.
The information you give must be relevant to the review. You should only provide information you're comfortable with giving to the other people in the review.
Check you've included your correct information and any documents we need. Sign the form and send your documents to us at:
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045