The notifications service delivers event notifications to software platforms.
If you have any questions about the notifications service or using gateway services for the notifications service, email [email protected]
How the notifications service works
The notifications service delivers read-only notifications to software platforms, with the necessary data to describe the underlying event. The receiver of the notification will decide if further information and/or action is needed to respond to the notification.
There are 5 general categories of notification.
- Event notifications - notification about significant events that have occurred.
- Reminders - reminder of future events.
- Request for information - requests from us for information, typically the uploading of a document of a specific type.
- Errors - something that is not correct.
- Action required - something that needs to be done.
Sub-categories work out if the notification is relevant to the calling party.
Software developer kit (SDK)
View and download the notifications service software developer kit to help you integrate:
- the Open API YAML file
- the build pack that provides the data definitions for the request and response messages and the digital notification catalogue
- sample request and response messages
- test scenarios
- test data.
Use the Getting started guide to find out how to access our sandbox (mock services) and test environments.
Gateway service capability for the notifications service
The notifications service provides the following capability through a defined service operation.
|Retrieve a read-only notification from Inland Revenue.
Notifications service business use cases
The following are examples of business use cases that can be used to achieve a specific business outcome by retrieving and actioning notifications.