Employing staff Dates
JUL 20Employer deductions payment due for 1 to 15 July if you deduct more than $500,000 PAYE and ECST per year.
JUL 20Employer deductions payment due for June if you deduct less than $500,000 PAYE and ESCT per year.
JUL 20Your FBT quarterly return and payment are due for the period ending 30 June if you have a March balance date.
PAYE intermediaries provide payroll services to employers. If you provide a PAYE intermediary with gross payment and other relevant information they are responsible for meeting your employer responsibilities.
The payroll subsidy
We will pay your PAYE intermediary $2 per payday per employee, if:
- they are a listed PAYE intermediary
- you pay less than $500,000 in PAYE and ESCT each year
- your previous year’s PAYE and ESCT deductions were less than $50,000.
The payroll subsidy is available for up to 5 employees from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020. It ends from 1 April 2020.
Listed PAYE intermediaries
Only some payroll providers are registered as listed PAYE intermediaries. These include:
- payroll providers
- other tax professionals.
Listed PAYE intermediaries as at 10 February 2020.
- Accountants Hawkes Bay Ltd
- Advanced Management Systems
- Agrifocus Limited
- Au Pair Link
- Bay Accounting & Financial Services Ltd
- Church & Trust Accounting Services
- Cloud Business
- Crystal Payroll Limited
- Datacom Solutions Limited
- I-Payroll PAYE Intermediary
- Murray Sharma & Associates
- MYOB NZ Limited PI
- Ontrack Bookkeeping Limited
- Porse In_home Childcare (NZ) Ltd
- Qbiz NZ Limited
- Right Remuneration
- Sime Darby Motor Group (NZ)
- Strategic Software New Zealand Limited
- Tawa Financial Services
- Thankyou Payroll
- The Nanny Company