Skip to main content

Budget 2024 | The Government has confirmed changes and provided more information on FamilyBoost. Find out more: FamilyBoost

Budget 2024 | The Government has confirmed changes to personal income tax, the independent earner tax credit, in-work tax credit, and the minimum family tax credit. Find out more: Personal income tax threshold changes

You will be able to register for and claim FamilyBoost in myIR.  If you do not have a myIR account, you will need to create one.

Register for a personal myIR account


To claim FamilyBoost you will need to register in myIR. You only need to register once.

You can do this from mid-September 2024.

To register you will need:

  • a myIR login
  • an IRD number for each child attending early childhood education (ECE) 
  • your bank information
  • your partner’s details.


From 1 July 2024, start saving copies of invoices from your ECE provider. You will need to save these as an image or PDF file.

If your children go to different ECE providers, you will need invoices from each ECE provider.

You can submit your claim for FamilyBoost from 1 October 2024.

You will need to make a new claim for each 3-month period.

Last updated: 13 Jun 2024
Jump back to the top of the page