Before you start
You'll need your:
- total sales and income
- total purchases and expenses
- adjustments from your calculation sheet.
Find the return you need to file
- In myIR, select ‘Returns and transactions’ next to the GST account
- Select the ‘File return’ link next to the period you're filing for, such as 31-Mar-2022
- Select whether or not you're filing a nil return.
If you’ve been filing nil for a while, check whether you need to cancel your GST registration.
Select a filing option
- GST amounts
- Total sales and purchases.
Fill out the return details
You'll need to fill out:
- Sales and income details
- Purchases and expenses
- Credit and debit adjustments (if you have any).
Review the return to check it's correct
This will show your assessment.
Payment or refund
If you need to make a payment, you can pay by direct debit, credit card or debit card now.
You can also choose to pay later.
Submit the return
Before you can submit it, you can attach correspondence or receipts to the return if needed.
Log in to myIR
What happens next
If you have a refund we'll pay it within 15 working days.
You can fix any mistakes in your return after you've submitted it.
Submit your return and make any required payment by the due date.
If you cannot submit your return, or pay on time penalties and interest may apply.
If you can't pay your bill on time find out more about your options.
Make sure we have your correct contact details, bank account and income information. You can update your details at any time in myIR.
You can use our disputes process if you disagree with our assessment.