Skip to main content

End-of-year arrangements Our offices and phone lines will close down over the holiday season, but our website, self-service 0800 number and myIR will remain available. Find out more

We've upgraded our voice system You may notice some changes the next time you call us. Find out more

When sellers cannot meet our usual requirements for providing taxable supply information, they can apply for approval to provide other information instead.

Any modified tax invoice arrangement previously approved by Inland Revenue can continue to be used as taxable supply information.

Applying for approval

Send us a message in myIR telling us why you need to provide other information instead of taxable supply information.

If you cannot provide the usual taxable supply information, you need to:

  • explain why you cannot meet the usual requirements
  • tell us the information you can provide to your customers and records you will keep.

We may ask you to provide example documents.

What happens next

We'll contact you if we need more information.

If we approve your application, we'll confirm you can provide other information instead of taxable supply information.

You will need to keep this confirmation with your GST records.

You will be approved to provide other information instead of taxable supply information until your situation changes or we cancel your approval.

You will need to tell us if your situation changes, or you no longer need to provide other approved information.

We may cancel your approval at any time if you no longer meet the requirements.

Last updated: 01 Apr 2023
Jump back to the top of the page