Skip to main content

Budget 2024: The Government has announced FamilyBoost, a proposed new childcare payment to help eligible families with the rising costs of Early Childhood Education (ECE). Find out more:

You can use this process to make a deposit to an income equalisation scheme.

We no longer accept cheques.

In myIR, select 'make a payment' in the EQU or ERA account

If you do not have an income equalisation (EQU) or environmental restoration (ERA) account, you’ll need to register for one.

Register for income equalisation in myIR

You can register for an ERA account by writing to us in myIR or by post. Do not make an ERA payment until you are registered for an ERA account.

Follow the prompts

Follow the prompts to make a payment. 

If the payment is being made outside the specified period, send us a message in myIR explaining why.

Log in to myIR

You can also make payments:

  • by credit card
  • through the ‘pay tax’ option in online banking
  • over the counter at a Westpac bank branch.

Include in your payment references:

  • the year the payment is for
  • your scheme code (EQU for income equalisation payments or ERA for environmental restoration payments)

If the payment is being made after the specified period, you'll also need to tell us the reason why it's late.

What happens next

Once your payment has processed, you’ll be able to see the updated account balance in myIR.

We will pre-populate the deposit into your income profile and the correct income tax return.

Last updated: 28 May 2021
Jump back to the top of the page