Send a notice to us if you're eligible and have decided to spread the income you earned from culling a herd. You can send us the notice for culls in the:
- 2021 and earlier tax years by your due date for 2021 income tax returns
- 2022 and future tax years by your due date for that year's income tax return.
Gather your information
You'll need the:
- tax year of the cull
- amount of income you'll be spreading over 6 years
- details for how you calculated the amount.
Send us a message in myIR
Send us a message in myIR with the above information.
What happens next
We'll contact you if we need more information. If not, then we'll send you a message confirming your decision to spread the income from a cull.
Once you send us a notice that you're spreading the income you earned from a cull, you cannot cancel it. You must spread the income over the next 6 years.
If you want to send us a notice by post, make sure you:
- include the above information in a letter
- sign it
- send it to us at the following postal address.
PO Box 39090
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045