Before you start
You will need the:
- company’s name and IRD number
- name, signature and IRD number of one of the owners of a look-through interest in the look-through company.
The revocation application must be made by the current owner.
Complete the form
Print and complete the Revocation of look-through company election - IR896 form.
If you use your own document you will need to use the same headings as the Revocation of look-through company election - IR896 form.
You will need to include your:
- IRD number
- contact details
- details of revocation.
Sign the form and send it to us
Attach the form to a web message in myIR
Log in to myIR
What happens next
- We'll send a letter confirming that your look-through company has become an ordinary company and the date the change applies from.
- You can only choose to stop being a look-through company from the start of an income year. We can only backdate the change under exceptional circumstances.
- If the look-through company used to be a qualifying company it will not go back to being a qualifying company.
You can post the signed form to:Inland Revenue
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045