Skip to main content

Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Day, Monday 26 September Our phone lines and offices are closed, but you can still get in touch with us. Find out more

Delays to response times: It's taking longer than usual to answer calls and myIR messages, including for unclaimed money. You may be able to use self-service options in myIR. You can also find information on our website by typing in what you want to do in the search bar. Thank you for your understanding. Log in to myIR

Changes to the myIR login screen are coming You will not be able to use myIR between 1pm Saturday 8 October and 8am Monday 10 October. This is so we can update our external authentication system. From Monday 10 October the myIR login page will have a new look and feel, but the login process will not change.

Put together your monthly report

You’ll need to have these details in the report:

  • your name, IRD number and contact address
  • the total amount of interest paid and the total amount of tax withheld in the month - or the period for which interest is paid, but not cumulative
  • the name, IRD number, date of birth and contact address of any joint owners.

For each of the people who received interest, we’ll need:

  • their name and contact details
  • the amount and type of income paid to them
  • the tax withheld from it or the approved issuer levy paid on it
  • the date the tax was withheld or the levy paid.

If you have it, we'll need for each of the people who received interest their: 

  • their IRD number
  • their date of birth
  • the tax rate they gave you.   

Work out the deduction rate for each person you are paying

The NRWT rate is different if you’re paying dividends, interest and royalties to people:

  • who live in a country we have a double tax agreement (DTA) with
  • who live in a country we do not have a DTA with
  • when you do not know where they live
  • who move a lot.

Investment society dividends are always seen as interest and taxed at 15%.

Send us your report and pay

You can send your report to us using:

  • gateway web services
  • myIR file upload services
  • online in myIR - you can also pay by direct debit in myIR. 

Investment income reporting through gateway services

Investment income reporting through file upload services

Log in to myIR

Last updated: 07 Jan 2021
Jump back to the top of the page