To cancel a New Zealand foreign trust's (NZFT) registration, you must:
- be the contact trustee or tax agent for the NZFT
- send us the following information in myIR.
Before you start
You'll need to tell us:
- the date when you want to end the NZFT's registration
- your reason for cancelling.
You'll also need to upload:
- the deed of removal and appointment or winding up
- any other documentation that supports your cancellation request.
Depending on your reason for ending the NZFT's registration, we may ask you for more information and documents. For example, if the NZFT is migrating, we'll need the new trustee's details.
In myIR, request to cancel your NZFT's registration
From the homepage in your myIR account, select:
- 'More...' on the New Zealand foreign trust account
- 'Cancel your NZ foreign trust account'.
Select your reason for cancelling
Enter the new trustee's details if the NZFT is migrating
You'll need to let us know the new trustee's:
- jurisdiction of tax residence
Upload supporting documents for ending or moving the NZFT
Review and submit your cancellation request
Make sure the details are correct. If you need to make changes, click the tab you need to fix.
Submit your cancellation request when you're ready.