Skip to main content

Planned myIR outage We’re carrying out maintenance work on myIR over the weekend, and there may be an outage or disruption of service between midnight and 4am Sunday morning.

Budget 2024 | The Government has confirmed changes and provided more information on FamilyBoost. Find out more: FamilyBoost

Budget 2024 | The Government has confirmed changes to personal income tax, the independent earner tax credit, in-work tax credit, and the minimum family tax credit. Find out more: Personal income tax threshold changes

To cancel a New Zealand foreign trust's (NZFT) registration, you must:

  • be the contact trustee or tax agent
  • send us the following documents by email or post.

A signed letter setting out the following details

In the letter, you'll need to include the:

If the NZFT has migrated, you'll also need to provide details of the new trustee, including their:

  • name
  • email
  • jurisdiction of tax residence
  • address.

Evidence of termination or migration the NZFT

For example, an amending deed.

New Zealand foreign trust annual return - IR900

You'll need to make sure you've filed an annual return for the final part-year in which the trust stopped being an NZFT.

Send us the documents and attachments

You can email the forms and attachments to:

[email protected]

Or, you can post them to:

International Revenue Strategy
Inland Revenue
PO Box 2198
Wellington 6140

Last updated: 15 Apr 2024
Jump back to the top of the page