Skip to main content
Check out our new content, navigation and design for KiwiSaver.

  Get my KiwiSaver funds for serious illness

Gather your information

You will need to provide a doctor's declaration of serious illness, signed by the doctor.

There is a declaration on page 3 of the Application for withdrawal of initial KiwiSaver contribution – KS5.

Send the form to us

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39090
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

What happens next

We'll review your application and let you know the outcome.

If we approve it, we’ll send you a confirmation letter and make a refund to your bank account.

If we don't approve your application, we'll send a letter telling you why.

We may contact you if we need more information.

My responsibilities

If you want to stop making contributions to KiwiSaver you must also apply for a savings suspension.

You can apply for a savings suspension within the first 12 months if you’re experiencing, or likely to experience, financial hardship.

Taking a savings break