Skip to main content

COVID-19 - Our Auckland offices are closed. You can still contact us and get help. Contact us

Resurgence Support Payments (RSPs) Resurgence Support Payment (RSPs) – Applications have opened for a 6th RSP payment. Applications for the first 3 payments close at midnight on 1 December. Find out more

Te tono i aku takoha rua marama tuatahi ki KiwiSaver Apply for my first 2 months contributions to KiwiSaver

Most KiwiSaver members will need to apply to their scheme provider for a significant financial hardship withdrawal.  Scheme providers will have their own forms for you to complete.

You only need to follow this process if you've been a KiwiSaver member for less than 2 months. If you've been a member for longer, contact your KiwiSaver provider.

Gather your information

You will need to provide:

  • a list of your assets and liabilities
  • details of your income and your costs
  • bank account details (for a refund if we approve your application).

Send the form to us

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39090
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

What happens next

We'll review your application and let you know the outcome.

If we approve it, we’ll send you a confirmation letter and make a refund to your bank account.

If we don't approve your application, we'll send a letter explaining the reasons.

We may contact you if we need more information.

If you want to stop making contributions to KiwiSaver you must also apply for a savings suspension.

Last updated: 28 Apr 2021
Jump back to the top of the page