Te puta atu i a KiwiSaver Opt out of KiwiSaver
Before you start
You will need your:
- IRD number, address and contact details
- bank account details for any refunds from us.
If applicable, you will need your:
- employer's business or trade name
- employer's address or IRD number
- employment start date
- written consent from guardians or parents
- reason for late opt out.
In myIR, go to your KiwiSaver account panel
This is on the homepage once you've logged in.
Select 'Opt out of KiwiSaver'
Follow the prompts to complete your application
Log in to myIR
What happens next
If you opted out online
We’ll notify your employer if you opted out within 8 weeks. They’ll stop deducting KiwiSaver from your pay.
We'll refund you any member contributions your employer has sent us.
Your employer will refund you any remaining member contributions they have deducted from your pay.
It generally takes 30 working days to process a refund.