Before you start
You'll need your Visa or Mastercard credit or debit card details, including your:
- name as displayed on the card
- credit or debit card number
- expiry date
- security number on the back of the card.
Start your payment in myIR
From the homepage in myIR, select:
- on the account panel you wish to make a payment towards 'Make a payment', then 'Make a payment' (enter details, then select payment method – Bank account or credit card), or
- ‘I want to…’ > ‘More payment options’ > ‘Make a payment’(select account, enter details, then select payment method – Bank account or credit card).
This means you can pay using either credit or debit cards from Visa or Mastercard.
Review the payment details
You can choose whether you want your credit or debit card details saved for future use. You enter your actual card details in the next step.
Review the payment details. Keep in mind there is a convenience fee of 1.42% for using credit and debit cards. This fee will also be charged to overseas based customers making payments for student loans or child support.
Choose if you want a confirmation email.
Read and accept the payment terms and conditions.
Pay with your credit or or debit card
You'll need to fill in your credit or debit card details. To finish the payment, you'll need to authorise the transaction.
Log in to myIR
What happens next
You'll immediately get a confirmation that your transaction is either approved or declined.
Your balance in myIR may take 1-2 days to update.