Skip to main content

Budget 2024: The Government has announced FamilyBoost, a proposed new childcare payment to help eligible families with the rising costs of Early Childhood Education (ECE). Find out more:

You must pay tax on your rental income. To work out your taxable rental income, you deduct your allowable rental expenses from your gross rental income.

These are the different rules that help you work your taxable rental income. They're not the same for all types of rental property.

Make sure you're using right one for your property.

Tax by rental property type


Was this page helpful?

What did you like about this page?

Please tell us how we could improve this page?

Thanks for sharing your opinion! Your feedback has been received.

Sorry there was an issue submitting your feedback, please try again later.

Last updated: 28 Apr 2021
Jump back to the top of the page