Skip to main content

Budget 2024: The Government has announced FamilyBoost, a proposed new childcare payment to help eligible families with the rising costs of Early Childhood Education (ECE). Find out more:

You only need to register for the research and development tax loss credit once. You do not have to register for every year you want to apply.

This registration is for R&D loss tax credit only. It is not the same registration for the R&D tax incentive.

Find out if you are eligible

Check if you are eligible for the research and development loss tax credit. 

Eligibility for the research and development tax loss credit

Gather your information

When you register, we will ask for the following: 

  • IRD number 
  • full trading name
  • legal name
  • physical address
  • postal address (only if different from physical address) 
  • website address
  • business phone number.

You will also be required to supply: 

  • contact name 
  • position in the company 
  • company mobile phone number 
  • email address.

Send us the form

Email us your completed form at:

r&[email protected]

What happens next

You should hear from us within 5 working days. If you do not get a response within that time, contact us with a follow-up email at:

r&[email protected]

Last updated: 28 Apr 2021
Jump back to the top of the page