Gather your information
Before you register as a PIE or PIE investor proxy you need to make sure:
- you’re eligible to become a PIE
- you know what type of PIE you want to set up.
Select 'Register for new tax accounts' in myIR
This is under 'Registration, application and enrolment'.
Contact our Significant Enterprises team
To become a foreign investment PIE when you’re already registered, contact our Significant Enterprises team and give them the:
- PIE's IRD number
- new PIE type
- effective date of change.
Log in to myIR
What happens next
Your PIE registration will take effect from the later of the date:
- the entity was formed
- commencement date in your registration
- 30 days before the day we receive the registration.