We use purchase orders to approve, manage and make payment for all purchases:
- over $500 (plus GST)
- made under a contract or agreement.
Purchase order numbers
You need an Inland Revenue purchase order number if you supply goods or services over the $500 (plus GST) threshold. You can get the number from the Inland Revenue contact who requested the goods or services.
We will return any invoices for a supply over $500 (plus GST) or for a supply made under a contract or agreement that don't have a valid purchase order number.
Tips to make sure your payment isn't delayed
- Submit a complete and accurate invoice, ie, one that meets the requirements of the Goods & Services Tax Act 1985.
- If your business is GST-registered, include your GST number and the words "Tax Invoice".
- Include the name of your Inland Revenue contact who requested the goods and services as well as the purchase order number.
- Make sure the purchase order matches the invoice exactly, including what was delivered, unit of measure, quantity and unit price.
- Correct any discrepancies or changes before sending your invoice.
Sending us your invoices
We prefer to receive invoices electronically to our Accounts Payable team at AP.AR@ird.govt.nz
If you are unable to send your invoice electronically, you can send it to:
PO Box 2198
Send any accounts payable queries to AP.AR@ird.govt.nz