Skip to main content

COVID-19 - Level 1 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

There are three things you must do as a child support customer.

Tell us about changes

You need to tell us when:

  • your income changes
  • children come into or leave your care
  • shared care arrangements change
  • you want your payments to go to a different bank account
  • you move to another country
  • your contact details change
  • you start living with the person you pay child support to, or receive child support from
  • you or your child start or stop receiving a benefit
  • your child works 30 or more hours a week
  • any child you pay or receive child support for is no longer a New Zealand citizen or ordinarily resident in New Zealand.

Check your information

We'll send you a notice of assessment each year. You need to check the information we have about you is correct. 

You need to check we have the:

  • right details about you and your children
  • correct income.

If we do not have the right information you need to update your details or let us know. You can do this in myIR or call us. 

Keep up with payments 

If you're a paying parent you need to keep up with the payments in the agreement. If you get behind in payments or are in debt to us you need to deal with it as soon as possible.