By choosing to register for the developer portal, you're consenting to electronic communications from us once your registration has been activated.
Some electronic communications will only be accessible after you have logged in to the portal. We will notify you of when to access this communication by email.
Giving other people access to your developer portal account
You may want to give other people access to your organisation's developer portal account. Organisations (acting in the role of Digital Service Providers - DSPs) can have more than one developer portal account owner (as in other business roles that interact with Inland Revenue when integrating and using our gateway and myIR file upload services).
Any person you give developer portal access to will have responsibilities as a registered user of a developer portal account. These are outlined in the 'Your responsibilities' section below.
The responsibilities of organisations or individuals in business using the developer portal as account owners, administrators and users are set out in the 'Responsibilities where access to the developer portal has been given to others' section.
Your developer portal account responsibilities
You have the following responsibilities as a registered owner of a developer portal account.
- You must keep your password secure. Never disclose your password to anyone else including our staff.
- You must keep your details up to date.
- You must keep your developer portal account active. If we consider your logon has become inactive we may cancel your developer portal account. If this happens and you want to continue using the developer portal, you will need to re-register or have new access delegated to you.
- Every time you use any services within the developer portal as a registered user, as an account owner, you are saying that your organisation authorised you to use the service on their behalf.
- if you think someone knows your web logon and password, you must immediately do one of the following:
- Change your password.
- Cancel your account.
- Call us.
Organisations (digital service providers) who use the developer portal through account owners, administrators and users:
- represent to us that such account owners, administrators and users have the authority to represent the organisation (digital service provider) in relation to the developer portal
- accept responsibility for the use of the developer portal by account owners, administrators, and users, and
- must cancel the web logon or access for any person they no longer want to have access to the organisations developer portal account.