Use this form when you:
- have agreed on an amount of child support with the other parent or parents
- want us to collect the money for you.
Before you start
You will need all of these:
- IRD numbers for you and your children
- your bank account details
- your child's birth certificate
- proof of parentage
- information about the other parent or parents.
In myIR, select the 'I want to...' tab
Select 'Apply for child support'
Enter the required details and submit
What happens next
You do not need to call us.
We will make an assessment within 2 weeks of getting your application.
- If you are the liable parent, you have 30 days to make your first payment.
- If you are the receiving carer, you will get paid by the 23rd day of each month if the liable parent has paid on time.
From now on, you'll always need to:
- keep up payments if you are the liable parent
- deal with debt as soon as possible
- let us know if the child leaves care, starts working full time or, if 18 years old, leaves school.
You can also fill out the Registration of voluntary agreement for child support – IR102 form.
Both parents or carers must sign the form.
Send it to us at:
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045