NOV 4Your GST return and payment are due for the taxable period ending 30 September. (This is an extension of the usual 28 October due date.)
NOV 28Your GST return and payment is due for the taxable period ending 31 October.
JAN 15Your GST return and payment is due for the taxable period ending 30 November.
You can still register for GST if your turnover from a taxable activity is less than $60,000.
The advantages of registering for GST include:
- it helps you keep on top of your paperwork and see how your business is doing
- you can claim on your expenses relating to your taxable activity
- it might make it easier to deal with your suppliers.
The disadvantages of registering for GST include:
- you need to add GST to your prices
- you need to file returns regularly
- you are charged penalties if your returns or payments are late.