Skip to main content

Delays to response times: It is taking longer than usual to answer calls and myIR messages, and to process some COVID-19 Support Payment applications. This is because of the impact of COVID-19. If possible, please contact us through your myIR account. Log in to myIR

Budget 2022: The Government has announced Budget 2022, which includes changes to child support payments. Find out more on our Tax Policy website

Budget 2022: The Government has announced a Cost of Living Payment, which will be paid from 1 August 2022. You do not need to apply for this payment. If you are eligible, we’ll pay it into your bank account. Find out more

If you need to file an Annual imputation return - IR4J, use the Companies income tax return - IR4.

Before you start

You'll need your company's:

  • opening balance at the start of the tax year (1 April)
  • credits
  • debits.

After you log in to myIR, go to your income tax account

Select 'Returns and transactions'

Select 'File return' and follow the prompts

You'll need to:

  • select your income types
  • enter the required information
  • complete any additional forms that apply to your situation.

Our Annual imputation return guide will help you.

Log in to myIR

What happens next

We’ll use your return to update your running balance for your imputation credit account.

It will be updated with the latest return’s income tax payments, transfers in, income tax disbursements and transfers out.

The running balance determines which income tax disbursement limitation rules will apply. 

If you file an imputation return with a credit or nil closing balance we will not post a transaction to your account.

Any imputation liabilities will be managed through your company’s income tax account.

Last updated: 31 Mar 2021
Jump back to the top of the page