Income tax Dates
FEB 7End-of-year income tax and Working for Families bills are due, unless you have an extension of time to file your income tax return.
FEB 28Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the ratio option.
MAR 31Income tax returns are due if you have an extension of time
What income does this include?
Commonly this includes income from:
- rental property including Airbnb and Bookabach
- shareholder salary
- directors’ fees
- 'under the table' cash jobs
- tips from customers
- a taxable property sale
- an estate, trust or partnership.
School students who earn less than $2,340 in a tax year from self-employment do not pay tax on that money.
Telling us about income
If you receive more than $200 in income with no tax deducted, you'll need to tell us. You do that on an individual tax return - IR3.
The IR3 is used at the end of the tax year to:
- tell us about all your taxable income
- claim expenses, such as costs for operating your business or maintaining your rental property
- calculate your tax assessment so you know how much tax to pay or refund to expect.