Skip to main content

Budget 2024: The Government has announced FamilyBoost, a proposed new childcare payment to help eligible families with the rising costs of Early Childhood Education (ECE). Find out more:

Before you start

You need to meet certain criteria before you apply for an exemption. Check that you're eligible.

Getting an exemption from paying RWT

Gather your information

You need:

  • your IRD number
  • your contact details
  • the reason for the declaration.

In myIR, select the 'I want to...' tab

Select 'Apply for an RWT exemption'

You'll find this under the heading 'Registration, application and enrolment'

Submit the application

You can attach supporting documentation before submitting

Log in to myIR

My responsibilities

Tell your payer you have an exemption from paying resident withholding tax, and if applicable what the expiry date is.

Last updated: 18 Apr 2024
Jump back to the top of the page