Skip to main content

End-of-year arrangements Our offices and phone lines will close down over the holiday season, but our website, self-service 0800 number and myIR will remain available. Find out more

We've upgraded our voice system You may notice some changes the next time you call us. Find out more

You can choose someone to act on your behalf or on behalf of your organisation. This means they can contact us about your taxes, complete your tax returns and forms and they may be able to manage your account in myIR.

You can set up:

  • an executive officer holder, which is an elected official like a chairperson, treasurer or secretary
  • a nominated person, who is someone without an official position that you want to act on your behalf.

Individuals can choose a nominated person. Businesses and organisations can choose a nominated person or appoint an executive office holder.

Nominated person

Executive office holder 

You need a key office holder if you or your organisation applies to be an intermediary like a tax agent.

Key office holders

Last updated: 28 Apr 2021
Jump back to the top of the page