Skip to main content

Budget 2024: The Government has announced FamilyBoost, a proposed new childcare payment to help eligible families with the rising costs of Early Childhood Education (ECE). Find out more:

If you have 1 tax account type, we send all mail to your main address.

If you have more than 1 tax account type, you can choose a different address for each of them. For example, your child support mail could go to a different address from your GST and income tax mail.

In myIR, select the 'I want to...' tab

Select 'Manage names and addresses' under the 'My details' section

Select the 'Addresses' tab

Select the address you want to update or 'Change address' on the relevant account type

Make the change and submit it

Log in to myIR

You can call us at any time and update your main address using our self-service number.

Self-service 0800 (24/7)

If you want to use a paper form, download our Change of details form - IR238. Fill it in and send it to us at:

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
New Zealand

Or, you can call us and speak with a customer service officer.

General enquiries and myIR support

Businesses and organisations - contact us

My responsibilities

It's important you keep your contact, income type and bank account details updated.

If you're a Working for Families or child support customer you'll also need to tell us about changes to your family situation or income.

Last updated: 22 Jun 2021
Jump back to the top of the page