Skip to main content
Check out our new content, navigation and design for research and development

COVID-19 - Level 1 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

Gather your information

You will need:

  • records of your R&D activities
  • records of your R&D expenditure and loss and apportionment of that expenditure
  • your income tax return.


You can enrol in myIR under the business tab.

Fill in the research and development supplementary return

Your supplementary return must be filed within 30 days of the due date for your income tax return.

Submit your income tax return

While your income tax return must still be filed within the allowed period, if you file more than one year later than that date, you are not eligible for the credit.

Log in to myIR

What happens next

Once we have both your income tax return and supplementary return, we can start our evaluation of your application.