You might want someone in New Zealand to manage your tax while you’re overseas.
This could include:
- talking to us about your tax
- checking your tax records
- receiving your statements, refunds and other correspondence
- completing your tax returns.
- who you nominate – it could be a person, company, incorporated society or charitable trust
- what they can do on your behalf
- which tax types you want them to manage
- how long you want them to manage your tax for.
You are still responsible for meeting all your tax obligations including filing your tax returns and paying your tax on time.
How to nominate someone
You can either:
- send us a secure email in myIR
- call us on 0800 227 774
- fill out the Elect someone to act on your behalf IR597 form and send it to us