Skip to main content

Changes to the myIR login screen are coming You will not be able to use myIR between 1pm Saturday 8 October and 8am Monday 10 October. This is so we can update our external authentication system. From Monday 10 October the myIR login page will have a new look and feel, but the login process will not change.

Cost of Living Payment Eligible customers will have the payment automatically paid into their bank accounts by the end of the day 3 October 2022. The payments will be staggered and Credit Union customers may not receive their payment until 4 October 2022. Cost-of-Living-Payment

You might want someone in New Zealand to manage your tax while you’re overseas.

This could include:

  • talking to us about your tax
  • checking your tax records
  • receiving your statements, refunds and other correspondence
  • completing your tax returns.

You choose:

  • who you nominate – it could be a person, company, incorporated society or incorporate charitable trust
  • what they can do on your behalf
  • which tax types you want them to manage
  • how long you want them to manage your tax for.

You are still responsible for meeting all your tax obligations including filing your tax returns and paying your tax on time.

How to nominate someone

You can either:

  • send us a secure email in myIR
  • call us on 0800 227 774
  • fill out the Elect someone to act on your behalf IR597 form and send it to us

Log in to myIR to send us a secure email

Last updated: 21 Jun 2021
Jump back to the top of the page