Skip to main content

Your charity may not need to pay income tax, resident withholding tax (RWT) or deregistration tax even after it’s deregistered.

Income tax and RWT exemptions

Your organisation may be able to get other income tax and RWT exemptions if it is:

  • a sports club or society
  • a local or regional promotion body
  • a community housing provider
  • a not-for-profit organisation.

Contact us if you believe your organisation may qualify for any of the above, or any other, income tax or RWT exemption.

[email protected]

Inland Revenue 
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

Charities deregistration tax

In certain cases, your charity does not need to pay deregistration tax on its assets.

Charities deregistration tax on assets

Was this page helpful?

What did you like about this page?

Please tell us how we could improve this page?

Thanks for sharing your opinion! Your feedback has been received.

Sorry there was an issue submitting your feedback, please try again later.

Last updated: 15 Nov 2022
Jump back to the top of the page