Does your not-for-profit organisation send funds overseas? You need to be careful that your overseas funds are not misused:
- to finance or support terrorists
- to launder money (hide that it's from illegal sources like crime).
Who is at risk
The organisations at most risk of misuse:
- are doing ‘service’ work near an active terrorist threat
- send funds to connected not-for-profits and charities located in or close to countries where terrorists operate.
Make sure your money goes to the right places
Your organisation should have procedures to:
- stop funds going directly, or indirectly, to any person or organisation associated with terrorism
- make sure that no support is given to any person or organisation that might commit crimes in New Zealand or other countries.
Last updated: 12 May 2023