Does your not-for-profit organisation send funds overseas? You need to be careful that your overseas funds are not misused:
- to finance or support terrorists
- to launder money (hide that it's from illegal sources like crime).
Who is at risk
The organisations at most risk of misuse:
- are doing ‘service’ work near an active terrorist threat
- send funds to connected not-for-profits and charities located in or close to countries where terrorists operate.
Make sure your money goes to the right places
Your organisation should have procedures to:
- stop funds going directly, or indirectly, to any person or organisation associated with terrorism
- make sure that no support is given to any person or organisation that might commit crimes in New Zealand or other countries.
What did you like about this page?
Please tell us how we could improve this page?
Thanks for sharing your opinion! Your feedback has been received.
Sorry there was an issue submitting your feedback, please try again later.