Set up a plan to pay off your debt if you cannot afford to pay it in full. This can be for amounts that are due now or will be due later.
If you're going to pay using direct debit, you'll need to set up a direct debit agreement before applying to pay using instalments.
Gather your information
- your IRD number
- details of your current financial situation, including your weekly ‘after tax’ income
- details of the amounts you want to pay off. These will be on your statement or in your myIR account.
Complete the proposal online
You can propose an instalment arrangement in myIR. Under "I want to ..." select "Request an instalment arrangement".
What happens next
We'll contact you in myIR or by phone to either:
- let you know our decision
- ask for more information
- discuss your options.
We charge interest on overdue amounts. This interest is included as part of your instalment amounts.
If you have child support debt, you'll need to sort this out by sending us a message in myIR or calling us.
You'll also need to be clear about all of your options if you have either:
- a student loan
- Working for Families overpayments.
You can also reach out to us by:
- sending us a message in myIR
- calling us.