Skip to main content

Te kerēme tāwere tāke mō ngā takoha Claim tax credits for donations


You can submit receipts for your donations through myIR during the year, or you can submit them all at the end of the tax year with an IR526.

You still need to wait until the end of the tax year to receive your tax credit.

Check the organisation is on our approved list

Check the organisation you donated to is on our approved list.

Gather your information

You'll need:

  • receipts for your donations
  • your bank account number
  • to be registered to a Donation tax credit account
    (You can register in myIR.)

Submit copies of your receipts

During the year

Upload photos or scans of your receipts to myIR at any time.

If you do this, you do not need to submit an IR526 at the end of the year.

At the end of the tax year

If you did not submit copies of all your receipts during the year:

  • upload your receipts
  • complete the Tax credit claim form IR526.

What happens next