Skip to main content

COVID-19 Alert Level 1 If you've been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help. Find out more

If you had children in your care and you didn’t apply for Working for Families, you may be able to receive back payments for past years.

You’ll need to contact us to complete your application and let us know why you didn’t apply at the time. We may need more information from you to confirm if you are eligible, for example, income tax returns for past years. 

Generally, there is a 4-year limit, but you can apply for Working for Families further back than 4 years if:

  • you have never been assessed for Working for Families payments, and
  • you have never had your income tax assessed.

To apply for Working for Families payments for past years, please call us on 0800 227 773.