If you've ever been a Working for Families customer, you do not need to register again. Just go into myIR and reactivate your Working for Families account.
If you are eligible, payments will restart.
Before you start
To reactivate your Working for Families you will need:
- IRD numbers for any new members of the family (such as a partner or child)
- your estimated family income for the tax year (if you want to get Working for Families each week or fortnight) - if you apply in myIR we'll fill in the income information we know about
- any child support amounts paid or received by private agreement
- your bank account number.
Select 'Reactivate Working for Families' on the myIR home screen
If the 'Reactivate Working for Families' option is not available, it means your Working for Families account is still active.
You just need to update your details instead.
Complete and submit your details
Log in to myIR
You can also restart your Working for Families by contacting us.
What happens next
You will get a notice of entitlement from us. It will tell you how much your payments will be and the date of your first payment.
You will get the notice:
- the next day if you use myIR
- within 10 working days if you do not use myIR.
As a Working for Families customer you must:
- check your information
- tell us about changes to your family situation
- tell us about changes to your income or hours of work
- tell us about changes to your contact details or bank account.
You can give your partner access to your Working for Families information in myIR. Your partner will be able to see the same information as you and make some updates.
It’s up to you if you give your partner access. You can cancel your partner’s access at any time.
If you do not have a myIR account you can register for one.
myIR lets you see and update your Working for Families information at any time. You can:
- see your payment amounts and dates
- see the information we have about your current and past income, partner and dependent children
- update your information.