Skip to main content

Delays to response times: It is taking longer than usual to answer calls and myIR messages, and to process some COVID-19 Support Payment applications. This is because of the impact of COVID-19. If possible, please contact us through your myIR account. Log in to myIR

Budget 2022: The Government has announced Budget 2022, which includes changes to child support payments. Find out more on our Tax Policy website

Budget 2022: The Government has announced a Cost of Living Payment, which will be paid from 1 August 2022. You do not need to apply for this payment. If you are eligible, we’ll pay it into your bank account. Find out more

If you've ever been a Working for Families customer, you do not need to register again. Just go into myIR and reactivate your Working for Families account.

If you are eligible, payments will restart.

In myIR, select Working for Families

Click on Working for Families account

Select Reactivate Working for Families

You'll find this under 'I want to...'.

Select Reactivate Working for Families

If the Reactivate Working for Families option is not available, it means your Working for Families account is still active.

You just need to update your details. To do this, go to the Update my Working for Families details page.

Complete and submit your details

Log in to myIR

What happens next

You will get a notice of entitlement from us. It will tell you how much your payments will be and the date of your first payment.

You will get the notice:

  • the next day if you use myIR
  • within 10 working days if you do not use myIR.

My responsibilities

As a Working for Families customer you must:

  • check your information
  • tell us about changes to your family situation
  • tell us about changes to your income or hours of work
  • tell us about changes to your contact details or bank account.

You can give your partner access to your Working for Families information in myIR. Your partner will be able to see the same information as you and make some updates. 

It’s up to you if you give your partner access. You can cancel your partner’s access at any time.

If you do not have a myIR account you can register for one.

myIR lets you see and update your Working for Families information at any time. You can:

  • see your payment amounts and dates
  • see the information we have about your current and past income, partner and dependent children
  • update your information.

You can also restart your Working for Families by contacting us.

Working for Families and Best Start - contact us

Last updated: 21 Jun 2021
Jump back to the top of the page