Skip to main content

Budget 2024: The Government has announced FamilyBoost, a proposed new childcare payment to help eligible families with the rising costs of Early Childhood Education (ECE). Find out more:

If any of the following situations apply, you can update the details in myIR.

  • You've had a baby.
  • A child has entered or left your care.
  • We sent you a letter about your child turning 18.
  • You want to let us know your child is financially independent.

You can also update your shared care arrangement.

Update my shared care arrangement

In myIR, go to your Working for Families account

Select 'Family and income details'

Update changes

Under 'Children' select either:

  • 'Add child' and enter all the required information then select 'Next'
  • 'Update' next to one of your existing children to tell us about any changes for them.

Under 'Period of care' select the pencil to edit and enter the date they:

  • left your care
  • became financially independent or
  • if they're over 18 the date they left school or a tertiary institution.

Select 'Next' and make any additional changes

Submit your changes

Log in to myIR

You can send us a message in myIR or call us.

Working for Families and Best Start - contact us

What happens next

Once you've updated your child's details we'll let you know of any changes to your Working for Families payments.

You can see new payment details in myIR.

Was this page helpful?

What did you like about this page?

Please tell us how we could improve this page?

Thanks for sharing your opinion! Your feedback has been received.

Sorry there was an issue submitting your feedback, please try again later.

Last updated: 22 Jan 2021
Jump back to the top of the page