If any of the following situations apply, you can update the details in myIR:
- You've had a baby.
- A child has entered or left your care.
- We sent you a letter about your child turning 18.
- You want to let us know your child is financially independent.
You can also update your shared care arrangement.
Log in to myIR
Select 'Working for Families'
Select 'Family details'
Under 'Children' select either:
'Add child' and enter all the required information then select 'Next'
'Update child information' to tell us about one of your existing children.
Under 'Period of care' enter the date they:
- left your care
- became financially independent or
- if they're over 18 the date they left school or a tertiary institution.
Submit your changes
What happens next
Once you've updated your child's details we'll let you know of any changes to your Working for Families payments.
You can see new payment details in myIR.
You can send us a message in myIR or call us.