Skip to main content

Budget 2024: The Government has announced FamilyBoost, a proposed new childcare payment to help eligible families with the rising costs of Early Childhood Education (ECE). Find out more:

Working for Families payments are based on your income and the number of children in your care. 

You need to keep your income details up to date so that you receive the right entitlement.

You will need to include income you've already earned and income you expect to earn up until 31 March.

Changes to your family or income details


Before you start

Make sure you have all your income information. For example, payslips, forecasted business accounts or letters from ACC.

In myIR, go to your Working for Families account

Select 'Family and income details'

Select 'Update income'

If you’re making a change to one of the income types already listed under 'income IR knows about’, select 'no' to the question ‘Do you have any additional income for the year ending 31 March 20xx’,

If you have selected 'yes' to add some new types of income, you will select those income sources from the list on the next screen.

You will be asked to add an income estimate for each income source.

If you have a partner, you will also be asked to update their income estimate.

Submit changes

Log in to myIR

You can send us a message in myIR or call us.

Working for Families and Best Start - contact us

What happens next

We will update your entitlement. You can see new payment details in myIR.

Was this page helpful?

What did you like about this page?

Please tell us how we could improve this page?

Thanks for sharing your opinion! Your feedback has been received.

Sorry there was an issue submitting your feedback, please try again later.

Last updated: 31 May 2021
Jump back to the top of the page