Skip to main content

Delays to response times: It is taking longer than usual to answer calls and myIR messages, and to process some COVID-19 Support Payment applications. This is because of the impact of COVID-19. If possible, please contact us through your myIR account. Log in to myIR

Budget 2022: The Government has announced Budget 2022, which includes changes to child support payments. Find out more on our Tax Policy website

Budget 2022: The Government has announced a Cost of Living Payment, which will be paid from 1 August 2022. You do not need to apply for this payment. If you are eligible, we’ll pay it into your bank account. Find out more

If your relationship has ended, or if you have a new partner, you need to update your Working for Families details.

If your partner is going overseas, you'll need to adjust their income.

Non-resident spouse or partner's income

Before you start

If you are adding a partner, you will need:

  • your relationship start date
  • an income estimate for your partner.

If you are ending a relationship, you will need the date it ended.

In myIR, go to your Working for Families account

Select 'Family and income details'

If your relationship has ended, select 'Update' in the 'Partners' panel, then select 'Yes' under 'Update details'. Add the stop date to your relationship.

If you are adding a partner, select 'Add Partner'.

Complete the details and select 'Next'.

Submit changes

Log in to myIR

What happens next

Once you've updated your details, we'll let you know about any changes to your Working for Families payments.

You can see new payment details in myIR.

My responsibilities

Keep us up-to-date with any changes that could affect your Working for Families entitlements.

You can call us or send us a message in myIR.

Working for Families and Best Start - contact us

Last updated: 28 Apr 2021
Jump back to the top of the page