By going on our social media or engagement pages, you are agreeing to the conditions of their use.
Posts by users on our social media or engagement pages do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policy of Inland Revenue. Our decision to follow a Twitter or Facebook user or favourite a social media post on any social media channel does not imply endorsement of any kind on our part.
When posting on our social media pages or engagement website, please protect your personal privacy and that of others. Do not publish personal information such as IRD numbers, private addresses or phone numbers.
By submitting, posting or displaying your content on our social media pages or engagement website you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty free, worldwide licence to use that content.
We reserve the right to remove immediately or edit the following types of comments:
- comments that reveal the personal information of individual taxpayers
- abusive, harassing, stalking, threatening or attacking others
- defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar or depicting violence
- language that is hateful, targets race/ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality or political beliefs
- fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or unlawful
- trolling or deliberately disrupting discussion
- violations of any intellectual property rights
- commercial solicitation or solicitation of donations
- link baiting (embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to your own site).
Social media blocking, banning and editing
We may, at our discretion:
- inform you if we remove or edit your comments and give you the opportunity to post revised comments, or
- block or ban anyone who posts those types of comments or who breaches these conditions of use or the conditions of use of a social media channel.
Do not make specific enquiries about individual tax matters through our social media pages or engagement website.