- You agree to these terms by registering or using our services.
- All customer information provided by us to you (‘customer information’) must be treated as confidential by you and must not be disclosed to any third party (other than the customer’s authorised agent) without the prior written (including digital) consent of the customer to the sharing of their customer information through your service to any third party.
- You agree to provide us with evidence of customer consents should we request the same from you.
- You must comply with all applicable legislation when collecting, processing, and using customer information and ensure that the way you do so does not undermine the integrity of the tax system.
- You must have secure systems which protect customer information that are no less secure than accepted industry practices, including the 'International Organisation for Standardisation's' standard: ISO27001 and/or those set out in the New Zealand Information Security Manual (NZISM).
- When using our services, you must not damage, disrupt, introduce any malware into, or otherwise adversely affect our systems or services.
Notification of customer information breach
- You must immediately notify us:
- if you incur a security breach affecting customer information; or
- any breach of confidential customer information.
- Your services will not exceed the technical parameters set for your connection with our systems unless otherwise agreed by us.
- We have the right to change, replace or cease the services at any time, including, for example, to maintain the proper function of our systems and services, to reflect legislative or process changes, or to maintain the integrity of the tax system.
- You agree to comply with our reasonable directions regarding your use of the services and your use of customer information including following our directions to migrate to a newer version of our services within specified timelines and carrying out appropriate testing.
- While we will endeavour to provide you with reasonable notice of the above, you acknowledge that in some circumstances the provision of reasonable notice may not be possible.
- From time to time we may review you and your services to check if you are complying with these terms.
- We may limit or remove your access to some or all services, either temporarily or permanently, if you do not comply with these terms, or if we otherwise deem it appropriate to do so.
- You authorise us to carry out the following checks on you at the time you register, and at any other time during your use of online services:
- a risk based consideration of your application;
- tax compliance checks of you and any of your, directors, or office holders. You must obtain all necessary consents for such purpose;
- your planned or actual use of our customer information complies with our obligations under Tax Administration Act 1994 and other revenue legislation including our responsibility to maintain the integrity of the tax system;
- your service supports our objectives of making it easier for our customers to meet their tax obligations and/or receive their social policy entitlements.
If as a result of a check we determine that it is not appropriate for you to register, or to access some or all services, we will notify you and halt the registration process or remove your access to the services.
- The information and documentation published on our website regarding your integration and use of our digital services, including service catalogue, the software development kits, the services architecture documentation, and the technical specifications, is not intended to be exhaustive.
- We will not in any way be liable to you, or your customers in any way arising from your use of the service including as a result of any disruption, change, or cessation of our services.
- Our services are provided on an ‘as is basis’ and we do not warrant the performance of our services.
- These terms may be changed by us from time to time without notice to you.
- You are responsible for reviewing these terms from time to time to ensure you comply with these terms.
Last updated: 16 May 2022