Make a payment
Individual income tax Tāke moni whiwhi mō te takitahi

Filing your IR3 individual income return

At the end of each tax year (31 March) some taxpayers need to confirm the amount of personal income tax to be paid. This is done by filing an Individual income tax return (IR3).

You need to file an IR3 return if you earned income other than salary, wages, interest, dividends, and/or taxable Māori authority distributions.

If we send you an IR3 return and you don't need to file one, please call us on 0800 377 774 and we'll update your details.

Do it now

See also:

How it works

See also:

Learn about

See also:

Next steps ›