Skip to main content

COVID-19 - Our Auckland, Hamilton and Whangārei offices are closed under Alert Level 3. You can still contact us and get help.    Contact us

Resurgence Support Payment (RSP) Businesses affected by the alert level increase that started on 17 August can apply for a Resurgence Support Payment. Applications for the 3rd payment opened on 8 October. There has also been a change that affects some Commonly Owned Groups Find out more

Some types of income are not included in your income tax assessment or IR3, but are counted when we work out your Working for Families entitlements and student loan repayments.

You can tell us about these types of income by completing the Adjust your income – IR215 form in myIR.

You can complete the form any time during the tax year or after it ends.

Gather your information

You’ll need:

  • the relevant tax year (for example, 2020)
  • details of the income you’re telling us about.

Types of income for adjustments

Go to your income tax account in myIR

Select 'More' next to 'I want to'

This is on the right side of the page. It’ll bring up a list of tasks you can complete.

Select 'Income adjustment'

Follow the steps to adjust your income

Check your details are right, then submit the form to us.

Do it now in myIR

What happens next

Once your income adjustment has processed, we’ll send you a notice of assessment showing if you’ve received the right Working for Families entitlement or paid the right amount of student loan for the year. You may receive a refund or have a payment to make.

If you adjust your income during the year, this may affect your Working for Families weekly or fortnightly entitlement, or your student loan interim repayments.

You can also adjust your income by sending us a web message in myIR with the relevant details.

If you do not have myIR, you can:

  • call us directly
  • fill out the Adjust your income – IR215 form and post it to us
  • send us a letter.

Our address is:

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39090
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

Working for Families and Best Start - contact us

Last updated: 28 Apr 2021
Jump back to the top of the page