Income tax Dates
FEB 7End-of-year income tax and Working for Families bills are due, unless you have an extension of time to file your income tax return.
FEB 28Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the ratio option.
MAR 31Income tax returns are due if you have an extension of time
If you pay non-resident passive income (NRPI) you must deduct non-resident withholding tax (NRWT) and register as a payer.
Gather your information
You will need:
- IRD number for either your organisation or for each branch
- organisation name or payer name
- trade name, if you trade under a different name from your registered name
- payment start dates
- to work out how often you’ll pay NRWT
- who will be the contact for us.
If you are also registering as an approved issuer so that you can pay approved issuer levy (AIL) you will also need:
- the expected AIL for each year
- a description of security
- the issue date of security
- the date of redemption
- the face value of security in New Zealand dollars
- the redemption value
- an interest or coupon rate.
Complete the registration online
You can register as a NRWT payer in myIR.
Download, fill in and sign the NRWT payer registration - IR380. Make a copy for your records.
Post the form to:
PO Box 39090
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045