You need to take action now if you:
- have been the victim of a scammer and have given away personal information
- suspect your identity has been stolen or your IRD number misused.
If you received a suspicious email, text or phone call but did not click on any links or give away any personal information, tell us about the scam.
When you call, we’ll:
- verify your identity
- set up voice ID to access and protect your account
- work out what your IRD number may have been used for
- help you fix any incorrect returns or debt on your account. This could take some time.
Speak with iDcare
We’ll transfer you to iDcare, or you can call them yourself.
You can call them directly on 0800 201 415 between 10am and 7pm, Monday to Friday.
When you speak with iDcare they’ll help you:
- build a response plan specific to your needs
- minimise risks to your personal information going forward.