The relationship between tax agents and Inland Revenue is highly important. The advice and assistance tax agents give their clients significantly impacts and influences compliance outcomes.
Inland Revenue recognises tax agents' contribution by providing a dedicated account manager service. This service facilitates the relationship between tax agents and Inland Revenue. It also innovates, gathers insights and designs with the overarching goal of achieving better economic and social outcomes for all New Zealanders.
Guiding principles of the Account Management service
- Inland Revenue’s external reputation is enhanced through account management.
- The account manager is a centralised point of contact for specific or escalated issues.
- Education on tax agents self-managing is actively promoted at all opportunities.
- Information is provided in a consistent and professional manner.
- Insights gathered are fed back within Inland Revenue using voice of the customer mechanisms and inform future solutions.
- Virtual, online interactions are the preferred way to interact between tax agents/account managers, however face to face interactions are available on a case by case basis.