Skip to main content

North Island flooding | Many of you have been affected by the flooding in the North Island and may need help keeping up with your tax obligations. Find out more

You can request a refund of up to $15,000 for someone who has died where no Will, Probate or Letter of Administration exists. To make the request fill out the Declaration in support of refund for deceased persons – IR625 form.

Before you start

You will need:

  • a copy of the death certificate if the person has died outside New Zealand
  • the IRD number of the person who has died
  • your IRD number and bank account number for the refund.

Send the form to us

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045

Last updated: 21 Jun 2021
Jump back to the top of the page