Large businesses often have complex tax affairs and circumstances due to their nature and size. We work 1-on-1 with many of these customers.
We produce binding rulings that offer solutions and certainty to their specific situations. For multinational groups, we provide Advanced Pricing Agreements when requested.
We build compliance and trust by:
- providing preliminary views while working on a ruling affecting a large business, as well as the finalised ruling
- reviewing the tax statements and records of large businesses and signing off the returns as soon as practicable where we are generally satisfied there are no tax issues
- following OECD guidance on making sure the right taxes are paid, in the country they need to be paid
- providing advice on proposed structure changes in real-time when asked.
COVID-19 affected large businesses the same as everyone else. Due to staff redundancies and uncertainty on meeting taxes, large businesses came to us early to prepare. We helped them by:
- answering questions on the tax requirements of redundancies when requested
- setting up instalment arrangements to meet ongoing tax obligations
- giving practical solutions for the tax issues of working from home while we work on longer term fixes.