We use our Performance Measurement Framework to monitor progress towards our intended outcomes, by delivering services to New Zealanders.
We use performance information across all layers of our framework to tell our performance story. We track the performance of our outcomes and impacts by monitoring results and trends over time or through the use of case studies. We include commentary where appropriate to help explain our results. We track our performance in delivering our services through our output measures and their targets. Our organisational health indicators use a combination of quantitative and qualitative information to show how effectively and efficiently we managed our resources.
Performance Measurement Framework
Our outcomes - what we want to achieve
- Revenue is available to fund government programmes through people meeting payment obligations of their own accord.
- People receive payments they are entitled to, enabling them to participate in society.
- New Zealanders benefit economically and socially through Inland Revenue working collaboratively across our external environment.
Our impacts - the difference we want to make
- Our customers know what to do.
- Our customers find it easy.
- Our customers do what they need to.
- We use intelligence and insights to improve customer outcomes and revenue.
- We deliver evidence-based policy that is innovative and responsive to customer needs.
- We work with others to create better results for customers and government.
Our services - the services we deliver for our customers and government
- Services for customers.
- Policy advice.
- Services to other agencies.
Our organisational health - how we use our resources to deliver for our customers
- Our people.
- Our assets.
- Our finances.